Tuesday, January 11, 2005

A Name for a Mouse

I have a mouse. I haven't given him a name because I am actively trying to kill him, but I am beginning to feel a bit remorseful about that. Sure, he shits on my counter, and sure he hauls empty Velveeta packets into the bowels of my oven, and naturally I get irritated when I reach for something around the house and he leaps out and causes me alarm. But is it his fault? Of course not. I am filthy. And I have central heat. I would probably have moved in, too.

He is so small, and he leaves his crap wherever he happens to be when he is finished with it. So you see, we are really two of a kind. And since my brother moved out, he is sort of filling a void.

7 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Herbie

January 11, 2005 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger jks_ said...

I was sort of leaning toward Oprah Winfrey, but I like Herbie better. I suppose I should go check the traps before I make a decision.

January 11, 2005 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

do you really want to live with oprah winfrey?

January 11, 2005 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger jks_ said...

If she is a mouse, then yes.

January 11, 2005 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

know what would be funny? to see oprah winfrey stuck in a glue trap! then you would have to coat her in vegetable oil to get her off. God, funny AND sexy. women don't often come in those packages.

January 11, 2005 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger jks_ said...

you can now view this. i have taken a photograph especially for you.

January 13, 2005 at 2:29 AM  
Blogger Gooner Craig said...

In college, I had a shitty apartment with a mouse in. His name was Herr Grau.

February 23, 2005 at 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home